July 18, 2010

18. The Lazy Sunday Post

The day of the week, which is kind of the best and not the best. The reason it is best is that mostly every person, in general, has a holiday to relax at home, watch movies, play games, sleep etc. etc. i.e. do the thing one wishes to do.

What I prefer to do is laze around till no one pushes me off. Since morning I had tried to get out of bed for quite some time. The maid never came and nobody was in the mood to cook. So we went out for food, which we typically do, as most of us are lazybones.

The place was called "Coco palm", a typical South Indian cuisine joint. I don't and didn't like it pretty much. But since its a place my folks like we went. The chicken chettinad meal wasn't as good as it could have been.

I had decided to spend the day reading "The Lazy Sunday Book", a book from the Calvin and Hobbes collection by Bill Watterson, but was lazy enough not to even open a page and go ahead. Instead, I was watching various videos on youtube and was searching incessantly for stores in Delhi NCR that would have the Rubik's revenge/professor or the v-cube collection. Unfortunately, I have not been able to identify one yet. But I am still on the look out. The problem is that the v-cube is made in Greece and they probably don't find India a lucrative center for export, as the cubes are pretty expensive. A 5 layered cube would come at approximately Rs. 1100/-, excluding shipping expenses.

Anyways, the plan now is to play Uncharted at hard and unlock the devil mode, called the crushing mode and play it in that mode :). Haven't been playing much on the ps3 these days as it takes lot of time to get out of the addiction, once I get hooked to it. Then probably sometime later, I would perhaps open "The Lazy Sunday Book", if I am in the mood to and we don't decide to watch a movie or something.

I will close the post for the day with one of my favorite lines from another of the Calvin & Hobbes collection book named "Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snowgoons":
"The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present".

Oh I forgot to tell why it ain't the best. It freaking reminds of the Monday to come and the 5/6 days of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment