July 15, 2010

15. The hunt for the Rubik's

I somehow left work early this evening. While I was driving back, the thought came to my mind of getting to the biggest mall in Gurgaon (NCR) and find out some stuff. I was running out of meds and was looking for Rubik's cubes (not the 3x3x3).

There was a hush hush as I reached there at around 8:20 PM and shops close by 9 PM. How sad !! Anyways, parked the car, had the puff and rushed off.

Pit-stop 1 - The reliance mart toy zone.
This was the place I had expected to find what I was looking for. It amazed me when he showed me 3x3x3 cubes that were hidden and I mean hidden. The cubes were under the rack of toys and there was a lid covering it, as though it was a storehouse.

Pit-stop 2 - Westside toy zone.
The reliance mart chap gave me a comforting assurance of having run out of stock and that I should find what I am looking for in "Webside". I asked him twice, just to ensure that it was Westside, but each time he said "Webside". Anyways, I moved up floors and rushed to the store. Believe me, there is no toy section there. Just a tiny section with a very very select stock. That was disappointing.

Pit-stop 3 - A floor tagged "Kids, Teens and toys".
This was the same floor as "Webside" was, and as I was reaching the floor I had seen the display next to the  escalator. That had given me the hope that I would definitely find something here. Anyways, thats all folks. I walked from one store to another in dismay. Finally, I decided to give a shot to the other super-mart,  as that was the only place in the mall where you might find meds.

Pit-stop 4 - The Big Bazaar.
Someone asked me to try out the toy section of Big Bazaar, probably the reliance mart guy, and mostly everyone suggested the same for meds. I was hopeful of at least getting the meds and not having spent the entire time and pay 40 bucks for parking as well. Reached the floor and hit the toys section. I did not find it pretty bad and thought that there might be a chance, which was brightened by the appearance of a dismantled 3x3x3 cube. It turned out that they too had run out of stock. So I inquired for the meds section and was directed to go straight. I walked and walked and walked. It was about 150 m away and lied somewhere in a corner. The very appearance of the meds section just turned me down. There were the commercially available herbal stuff and yeah a BIG BIG display of condoms. That not only killed my time, but also killed my appetite for having the green apple twist at mac-d's.

Pit-stop 5 - The medical store in the neighboring society.
I stopped by the neighboring society to get my meds. One needs to walk into the society, the D block or something to reach there. I hate walking at times. Although, I love it most often. But this time it was just tiring after the hour long drive. The shop was crowded. In a less than 15 feet by 10 feet by 8 feet space, with little space to stand. This is a meds shop, not a mall. If you go to one, you will find meds in every possible nook and corner and but space to stand. The lucky thing was that I did get my meds :) and reached home happily.

Pit-stop 6 - Home
Reached home and BOOM - no A/C. That sucks. Its damn humid and without A/C its like living in marshy lands. Anyhow, since it had to be written, I sat down and played the tracks I like and as the music soothed my heart, the A/c hit in and gave me the spirit to sit and write !! Next in line is the much awaited pasta for dinner :)

So long,

Absolutely Lost

4 comments:

  1. roflmao.. nicely done bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://orders.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ImportHubViewItem&itemid=300430261827

    http://shopping.indiatimes.20north.com/product/?mid=1&pid=B000R6RETW

    ReplyDelete